Luca GianaroliClinical Applications
Dr. Luca Gianaroli is specialist in Reproductive Medicine
since the end of the Seventies. He is the Scientific Director
of S.I.S.Me.R. (Italian Society for the Study of Reproductive
Medicine) and he holds the position of Scientific Director of
I.I.A.R.G., the International Institutes of Advanced
Reproduction and Genetics and of IIRM SA. He is also
Honorary Professor at the School of Biosciences of the
University of Kent.
Active member of several international scientific societies in which he has covered and currently covers roles of primary importance, he has served as Chairman of the Italian Society of Reproduction and of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE). He is a member of the ESHRE Certification Committee, of the ESHRE COVID-19 Working Group and he is the coordinator of the Steering Committee of the ESHRE ART Centre Certification Program.
From 2015 to 2017 he served as Chairman of SIOS.E (Italian Society of Sterility and Embriology).
From the 1st January 2021 he will take up the position of Director of Global Educational Programs of the International Federation of Fertility Societies (IFFS)
In 2014 he was appointed as Fellow ad eundem of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. In the same year he obtained the Italian Abilitazione Scientifica Nazionale (National Scientific License) as Ordinary Professor – I category, which was renewed in 2020.
Dr. Gianaroli is author of more than 250 papers in international scientific journals and publisher or co-publisher of 9 books. As of the date of this biosketch his H-index is 74 (Google Scholar).
Throughout his professional career he collaborated with several Italian universities (Università degli Studi di Teramo, Università degli Studi di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Università degli Studi di Trieste, Università degli Studi di Roma Tor Vergata, Università di Bologna
1. ESHRE consensus on the definition of ‘poor response' to ovarian stimulation for in vitro fertilization: the Bologna criteria AP Ferraretti, A La Marca, B Fauser, B Tarlatzis, G Nargund, L Gianaroli, ... Human reproduction 26 (7), 1616-1624
2. Birth following vitrification of a small number of human oocytes: case report L Kuleshova, L Gianaroli, C Magli, A Ferraretti, A Trounson Human Reproduction 14 (12), 3077-3079
3. Preimplantation diagnosis for aneuploidies in patients undergoing in vitro fertilization with a poor prognosis: identification of the categories for which it should be proposed L Gianaroli, MC Magli, AP Ferraretti, S Munne Fertility and sterility 72 (5), 837-844
4. Positive outcome after preimplantation diagnosis of aneuploidy in human embryos S Munné, C Magli, J Cohen, P Morton, S Sadowy, L Gianaroli, M Tucker, ... Human Reproduction 14 (9), 2191-2199
5. Outcome of preimplantation genetic diagnosis of translocations S Munne, M Sandalinas, T Escudero, J Fung, L Gianaroli, J Cohen Fertility and Sterility 73 (6), 1209-1218